Student Health Operating Status Until Further Notice
Updated 03/31/2020, 2:44 pm
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 Busch Livingston and Cook Douglass Health Centers will be closed.
- Hurtado Health Center will remain operational but with limited staff and no evening hours.
- Hours of operation at Hurtado will be: 8:30 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
Contact Health Services: 848-932-7402, email@example.com
- Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, CAPS will provide all services remotely. All physical CAPS building are closed.
- Initially services will be offered by phone.
- Information about video chats is forthcoming.
- Let’s Talk, our informal consultations, will remain available by phone only. Students should call 848-932-7884 and leave a message. Messages are generally returned within 1 hour during regular business hours.
- Use of the Patient Portal to schedule appointments with CAPS is currently suspended.
Contact CAPS: 848-932-7884
- HOPE will suspend drop-in HIV testing on Fridays until in-person classes resume.
- All scheduled Peer Educator workshops are cancelled through the end of the spring 2020 semester.
Contact HOPE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Resources
If you are experiencing a medical or mental health emergency, call 911.
- CAPS is still providing services via phone. Call 848-932-7884.
- ProtoCall, a phone-based counseling system for students in crisis, remains available when CAPS is closed. Call the main CAPS number, 848-932-7884, and follow the prompts.
- New Jersey Mental Health Cares has experienced staff available to provide emotional support for issues related to COVID-19 and other mental health concerns.
Their help line, 1-866-202-HELP (4357), is free and confidential. Available 7 days a week, 8 am – 8 pm. Additional resources can be found on their website: https://www.njmentalhealthcares.org/. Please note NJ Mental Health Cares does not provide crisis intervention.
Additional Mental Health Resources
- Acute Psychiatric Service (APS): 855-515-5700, a 24-hour emergency service for local residents. If you live outside of Middlesex County you should contact the nearest hospital emergency department.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- NJ Hope Line (Suicide Prevention): 855-654-6735
- National Crisis Text Line: Text KNIGHTS to 741741. To speak directly with a counselor of color you can text STEVE to 741741.