Being your own advocate and monitoring your health is an important part of maintaining your own individual health and wellness. It’s important to know your own body and what’s normal for you which might be different from what’s normal for someone else.
We can meet the majority of your healthcare needs including:
- Physicals/Wellness Visits including Pap Smears
- Management of Acute Problems Such as Fevers, Respiratory Illnesses, Stomach pains, Sprains and Strains, and Skin Rashes
- Management of Chronic Illnesses and Concerns Such as Asthma or Arthritis
- Travel and Sports Medicine
- Gender-Specific Care
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Testing for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and HIV
- Immunizations and Allergy Injections
Wellness visits generally include measuring your blood pressure and body mass index, providing preventive screening, and addressing any acute issues. Based on your healthcare provider’s recommendations, you may also receive screening for STIs, diabetes, skin cancer, cholesterol, or heart disease.
Rutgers Student Health provides travel medicine services at the Hurtado Health Center on the College Avenue Campus.
We provide comprehensive pre-travel consultation services. Your healthcare provider will give you country-specific information tailored to your itinerary and medical history. Any necessary vaccines (including those for hepatitis A, typhoid fever, and yellow fever) may be ordered and administered. Pills to help protect you against malaria and traveler’s diarrhea may also be prescribed.
Please plan ahead and try to schedule your appointment 4–6 weeks prior to your departure date, as some immunizations take time to become effective.