Eta Sigma Gamma is the national Health Science/ Health Education honor society. Rutgers University established its Epsilon Beta Chapter in 2008. The objectives of Eta Sigma Gamma are to promote and provide education, service, and research across the wide spectrum of health areas. Eta Sigma Gamma also provides grant opportunities, scholarships, and travel assistance, as well as a wide network of professionals in Health Education throughout the country. Members are asked to take an active role in contributing knowledge and skills to the task of providing health promotion and health education services to those in need. The faculty sponsor of the Epsilon Beta Chapter is Linda Brown.
Membership in Eta Sigma Gamma provides members with experiences that complement their education and fosters career goals. “Real-world-experience” is increasingly important in today’s competitive job market. Here are some opportunities that active membership in Eta Sigma Gamma will provide:
- Practical teaching experience outside the classroom
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Fostering organizational skills
- Improved social skills
- Enriched verbal and written communication skills
View the Eta Sigma Gamma member manual.
Eligible students must meet the following requirements in order to join:
- Be a Public Health major or minor
- Completion of one or more semesters as a major or minor in Public Health
- A GPA of 3.0+ in the Public Health major/minor and an overall GPA of 3.0+
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of one additional semester after their initiation into Eta Sigma Gamma
Graduating seniors are not eligible to apply in their graduating semester.